Jan 10, 2012

Happy New Year


Happy New Year!  OK, I am a little late...In 2012 I aim to figure out how to best utilize this blog.  Because Studio 101 student work is now posted on Artsonia it seems silly to duplicate that feature here.  (To view Propel East artworks on Artsonia www.artsonia.com, simply type in our school name)
One thought is to make this blog an area where I can showcase more photographs and explanations of students AT WORK.  Focus on our process, more than the final products.  It would allow me to share more about my practice as a teacher, our curriculum, and the resources and routines in our classroom studio.  I think this would make the blog more useful for fellow art educators and parents, but less useful for students.  It is a work in progress!

Our Studio is bursting at the seams with awesome art.
Some ambitious designers created the fashions on our manikans.  (Yes, that is how you spell it when referring to artist mannequins.  I just learned that from Ms. Neumeyer.)


No comments:

Post a Comment